Midwest Nut Producers Council
The mission of the Midwest Nut Producers Council (MNPC) is to enhance the region’s commercial nut industry through education, research and promotion of nuts and the tree species and varieties that bear nuts.
The goals of MNPC are to promote:
- The establishment of nut and certain small fruit tree plantings in the regions.
- The best growing practices for nut trees with respect to sustainable agricultural goals when at all possible.
- Scientific research in nut tree breeding and culture.
- Better production techniques.
- Nut and certain small fruit quality.
- Marketing in terms of the education of the producer, the retailer and the general public.
Board of directors
- President: Pete Ivory, Lapeer, MI
- Past President: Roger Shultz, Vicksburg, MI
- Treasurer: Bill Nash, Owosso, MI
- Extension Liasion: Erin Lizotte, Cadillac, MI (Wexford County)
- Faculty Advisor: Dennis Fulbright, East Lansing, MI
Board of Directors
- Bob and Sheridan Hack, Central Lake, MI
- Dan and Sheila Hill, Saginaw, MI
- Trudy and Ralph Gregory, Washington, MI
- Paul Thelen, Berrien Springs, MI